Founded in 1892 by the famed preservationist John Muir, the Sierra Club is America's oldest and largest grassroots environmental organization, with 730,000 members. United Steelworkers represents about 1.2 million active and retired members and is North America's largest industrial labor union.
- Read the Sierra Club's press release about the endorsement
- Download "Job Opportunities for the Green Economy: A State-By-State Picture of Occupations that Gain from Green Investments," a report by the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Visit the United Steelworkers Web site
- Sign a petition urging Congress to support incentives for clean energy jobs
- Sign a petition for a global treaty on climate change
- Subscribe to the Sierra Club newsletter